Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Busy, The New Typical

I feel like I'm constantly busy and on the go in D.C.  Which is both good and bad, but mostly good. I've always loved being busy and constantly having something to do, but every once in a while it's nice to just do nothing, absolutely nothing.  Between work, hours and hours of homework, church, and socializing, free time has become extinct in my life.  My typical week looks like this: Monday- work, homework, FHE, watching the Bachelor with my friends (very important), homework, bed; Tuesday- work, homework, gym,  homework, bed; Wednesday- work, homework, institute, homework, bed; Thursday: work, gym, working on homework all night to finish everything due on Friday morning, bed; Friday- class, briefings, and then the weekend begins; Saturday- morning run, typical weekend activities (exploring DC, museums, shopping, eating out, movies, etc.); Sunday- church (takes 5 hours because the commute is an hour bus ride), much needed Sunday nap, socializing.  I find myself getting an average of 6 hours of sleep a night.  I get pretty tired during the day, but so far I'm surviving.

Here are a few pictures that recap the last couple of weeks:


After class on Friday some of us ventured over to George's King of Falafel
and Cheesesteak.  This hole in the wall restaurant in Georgetown.  



 I tried a Falafel for the first time, it changed my world of fast food. 



I was able to go to the D.C. temple with my friend Kelly.  Kelly is also interning at the same place as me and also goes to BYU.  I tagged along with her to her ward temple trip. The D.C. temple was so pretty. To get to it you go off this side road through a forest of trees and as you turn a corner the temple appears on a hill right in front of you.  I wish I could have captured in a picture how pretty it was. I will definitely be going back very soon. 




Jane and I bearing the wind. I have never felt such blistering
cold wind as I have in D.C.  It just goes right through your coat
and freezes you. 


  
Some of my friends and I went to the Air and Space Museum over the weekend.  This is one of my favorite museums.  Weird fact: the history of airplanes fascinates me for some reason. 





Again, I wish my phone could take a picture that did this scene justice.  Over the weekend, me and a couple others walked down by the water front in Georgetown.  It's really pretty, in person. And it would be a very romantic spot with a significant other.  I need to find one of those. 




Indulged in a Texas Sheet Cake Cupcake at Baked and Wired. 



 The Washington Monument at sunset. 



I'm starting to notice I post a lot about food, but it's all so good.  This is my meal
from BTS burgers and shakes. 



 And this, this is my favorite shake I've had since being in D.C., which is saying
something since I am the milkshake/ice cream 
connoisseur.